Today is Halloween. My mind is filled with images of costumes, zombies, and scenes from Fantasia's Night on Bald Mountain. I hear cackling, howling, and witches reciting recipes that call for "eye of newt." (She turned me into a newt....I got better). I can already taste the leftover Nerds and Snickers that I will be forced to eat after accidentally buying too much candy. I smell pumpkin pie and fireplaces and cinnamon. I feel a chill in the air (finally!) and the hair standing up on the back of my neck in anticipation of the horror movie my daughter is sure to goad me into watching tonight.....after which I will not sleep well for several nights.
But the truly frightening aspect of Halloween is this.........it is only one more day until November 1. Only one more day until I had better buckle down and wrote whether I am "inspired or not." One more day until the slowly growing numbers between 1 and 50,000 will encourage,excite, rebuke, taunt, and annoy me. I sure do hope the Valkyries of creativity ride over this way very very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment