Friday, November 4, 2011

ADD - Adoration Duplicity Disorder

I saw a thread that had begun on the nanowrimo site asking "Am I the only one who gets incredibly horny when writing" or some such carnal nonsense.  Very unseemly indeed.  I would never stoop to such crass verbiage.  I did, after all attend charm school and avail myself of the variety of "scholarship opportunities" involving, talent, evening gown, and swimsuit competitions.  I am a southern belle.

However, there is something "refined" about the act of writing, even if the subject matter is not refined.  It makes me feel elevated and creative and feminine and deep and philosophical and quite susceptible to the odd fascination.  Or crush, as a less vocabulary-laden and effusive person might say.  It is not merely for sport, however.  I find that a little mental detour into what some of my friends call "PEA's" (for phenaltha.....something that is a brain chemical that makes us mushy and swooning) makes for much better writing.  I am not sure why.  Thankfully the object of my affection this time appears to be a method acting type of fictional character manifestation.  And that is all the information that you - dear reader - will glean.  I have learned to manage my long-worded scientifically named brain chemicals.  I am almost entirely partially certain of this fact.

At any rate, I am certain this rogue would be far to intent on remaining in character to detect such frivolity from me, so I plan to enjoy my private swooning throughout November and "fly under the radar" until such time as I have been catapulted into PEA-driven victory over my 50,000 word opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment