Hello, Rory. I see you have stumbled upon the blog.....
I assume that my penultimate or so post did not amuse you. Well, I am sorry. I never said YOU were Rory. Yes, I used some snippets here and there of real life experiences. I always do. Everything I write has a piece of me in it, though many writers would call that "ego" or "poor writing." But that is my way.
Here is the conundrum. Or one of them. If you do not see yourself as Rory.......then there is no need to assume that I do. I am writing fiction. And it is fiction. Are there aspects of reality? Of course. Unless one is writing complete fantasy disbelief can only be suspended so far, can it not? And besides, this is MY journey. MY public exploration of the ins and outs of my thinking and imagination. Am I to remove parts of one of my crucial characters because a conscience or an ego may be pricked? I think not, dear one.
You are not Rory. Have no fear. Your well-formed reputation and station are intact. As long as mine are. Yes, those particular lines should be easy to decipher. But in the art of subtlety, you may want to remember that changes in routine are a dead giveaway. Sp play nice and speak when you are spoken to.
No comments:
Post a Comment