Monday, November 7, 2011

A Character's Inner Musings

I feel gloriously giddy today and find myself smiling at the oddest moments.  Or is it that I am smiling all the time and only notice it at odd moments?  As a middle age woman,  these...feelings that it seems I have not experienced since adolescence cause me to feel alive and young and sensual.  I find myself fighting the urge to throw caution to the wind, something I used to do with abandon but rarely allow myself to do now.  Always the collection of data, always the risk assessment, never just...flying.  And now I want to fly.

I feel like a long dormant volcano, whose almost imperceptible roiling on the surface mask a hot, frenzied, lava-filled depth.  The heat within is opening cracks and fissures that.....will eventually give way to an eruption that can only be described as spectacular.  I am playing with fire....and I am not afraid.  I am glowing in its heat.  Energized.  Transformed.

Let the games begin.

1 comment:

  1. Very awesome, I know what you mean. So often though I find myself fizzling before I erupt. Now I know how 40+ plus year old men feel at times. But hell, at least they have Viagra for their problems.

    ReplyDelete