I do not spell the word operendi in everday writing, so I do hope the spelling is correct.
When I was in college *%^&^)&^^*$ years ago, I knew a boy named G. He was suave and handsome and charming and......trouble. He had a carefully devised plan with which he wooed the various women of the Baptist Student Union. I thought it was odd after the fact....like a script he followed. And yet this must be fairly common, for R4 follows a script as well....one he tweaks to his satisfaction depending on the woman.
Casual conversation
Compliments
Intellectual banter
Mild flirting
Investigating interests
Investigating tastes
Cryptic communications with music
More personal flirting
Throwing out the "sexual talk fleece"
Adapting as necessary
Vague talk of wanting to be with someone special
Mention of trips and time together
More sensual talk
More explicit music
Movie clips - preferably from 9 1/2 Weeks
Never quite expressing intent, never quite making promises
And what woman would NOT interpret his actions as romantic intent? Perhaps a survey is in order.....
At any rate......R4 has become quite adept at taking things to "the next level" whenever it suits his needs, and one wonders if even he is quite certain of his own sincerity. The conundrum now is to decide between the prosaic predictability of R4 realizing he has met his match......or the more realistic option. A man with no heart cannot fall in love. And in the final analysis, does it matter?
After all, he is merely a tool in the story rather than the focus. The focus is the four strong women who continue to live......
Which is why Judith has scheduled the tea party for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment